Our annual contest returns! Details below, submit entries no later than December 16. The contest is open to residents and businesses in the Village. Judging will take place December 18 around 7pm. Entry information is below.
We invite YOU to be a judge! All members of the VRA can participate. Send a message to the holiday decorating email address below if you’d like to help, and then join us for cookies, cheer, and conversation in case of a tie. Unable to judge on December 18? We’ll provide a scoring sheet and addresses on December 17 and you can provide your scores that day.
2022 Ninth Annual Holiday Decorating Contest Rules and Information
1. Entries must be received by NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 16. Winners will be announced on DECEMBER 19. VRA judging will take place Sunday, December 18 at 7pm. Some judging may occurr as early as Saturday, December 17.
2. ALL private residencies or businesses within the Village of Zionsville may apply to participate. This includes homes and businesses on or west of Elm Street, on or north of Starkey Rd, on or south of Willow Street, and on or east of the Zionsville Rail Trail.
3. SEVERAL AWARDS will be distributed: FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD PRIZE to be awarded for best business decorations (all property) and a FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD PRIZE to be awarded for best residential (all property).
4. Entries will be judged on originality: unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; arrangement: display and placement of decorations; and overall presentation. Decorations for the holiday season can be homemade or store bought, with emphasis on buying local and recycling. Decorate with a theme, or without and leave that section blank.
5. Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enter, please provide the following information by December 16, 2020.
Entering as a business or residential? _____________________
Contact Name: _______________________________________
Business Name (if applicable): ___________________________