- Monday, April 13: ZCS buildings and facilities are closed for the rest of the school year to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes all activities, rentals, special events, performances, etc. Students will follow eLearning guidelines for the rest of the year.
- Monday, April 13 - Friday, May 1: Zionsville Town Hall and Town facilities will be closed from now until at least May 1 in the interest of the safety of the community and the Town of Zionsville employees. No meetings will be held at Town facilities.
- Monday, April 13 - Friday, May 1: Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library will be closed until at least May 1 to help slow the spread of COVID-19. All events and and on-site services have been cancelled and the outside drop boxes will also remain closed. The library is open online, though. They have added several new digital services and are offering a few new virtual kids events during the time of closure.
- Monday, April 13 - Friday, May 1: Zion Nature Center will be closed until at least May 1 to help slow the spread of COVID-19. However, they offer Facebook Live programs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/zionnaturecenter).
- Monday, April 13 - Friday, May 1: SullivanMunce Cultural Center will be closed to the public due to the COVID-19 Virus.
- Monday, April 27: Zionsville Redevelopment Commission meeting at 6:30pm via Zoom. Meeting information at https://www.zionsville-in.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1575 Agenda: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_04272020-1080
- Tuesday, April 28: Zionsville Architectural Review Committee meeting at 7:30am. This meeting has been cancelled.
- Tuesday, April 28: Bloodmobile at Boone Village (25 Boone Village) from 10:00am-2:00pm. There is only one appointment spot left at the time of this writing. Sign up at https://donate.indiana.versiti.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/140981
- Tuesday, April 28: Interactive live session with Mayor Styron and Town Council President Josh Garrett at 11:00am on the Town of Zionsville YouTube page. To communicate timely updates to residents and businesses and offer an opportunity for the community to ask questions, Mayor Styron and Zionsville Town Council President Josh Garrett are hosting interactive live sessions. Sessions will take place Tuesdays at 11:00am on a bi-weekly basis. Join the live session on the Town of Zionsville YouTube page ( https://www.youtube.com/user/TownOfZionsville ). More information at https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=293
Businesses open for carry-out and/or delivery:
- Several Village and area restaurants are open for carry-out and/or delivery.
- Information regarding the restaurants’ statuses can be found at https://www.zionsvillechamber.org/business-updates.html
Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee:
- For those that have not yet visited their website, the Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee has a website (https://www.preservezionsville.com) containing information about their goal of creating a Historic Conservation District in the Village. Also included on the site is a link to sign up for the survey that will be sent out to gauge Village homeowner interest. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Town Preparedness Update (Zionsville Website): http://www.zionsville-in.gov/541/Coronavirus-Town-Preparedness-Update
- 2020 Heavy Trash Collection (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=291
- Mayor Styron and Town Council President Josh Garrett announce future live sessions (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=293
- New signs indicating commercial and residential development filings coming to Zionsville (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=295
- Primary changes affect all voters (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/primary-changes-affect-all-voters/article_62054e2e-fe48-5c3c-a2ff-9d7854f9476c.html
- INDOT awards Zionsville Community Crossings Grant (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/04/24/indot-awards-zionsville-community-crossings-grant/
- Shining a light: Akard store displays goodwill during the pandemic (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/04/21/shining-a-light-akard-store-displays-goodwill-during-the-pandemic/
- A gardner’s legacy (The Lebanon Reporter): https://www.reporter.net/across_indiana/a-gardeners-legacy/article_cb1cf316-84a2-11ea-91fb-83fae260e9b9.html