The presentation will cover an expansion plan that will make the Brick Street Inn and Auberge Restaurant a better community asset for local residents and visitors as a place to eat, gather, stay, and celebrate various occasions. They are striving to deliver high standards of design, comfort, and service while enhancing the charming character of the place and adhering to the town’s architectural guidance for the village business district.
Mr. Vezolles and the Brick Street Inn/Auberge Restaurant have generously invited VRA members to arrive around 20 minutes before the meeting for an informal gathering, including appetizers and drinks. This will be a great opportunity to mingle and meet the members of the Brick Street Inn team before the presentation.
We will also be collecting dues at the meeting, if you haven’t paid yet for the year. It is $20 for a family and $15 for an individual.
- Monday, February 3: Through the Lens: Lloyd Riley Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center.
- Exhibition runs through February 22.
- Monday, February 3: Reuse Heart & Sole Annual Shoe Collection at various locations throughout Boone County. All types of shoes in both reusable and unusable conditions will be collected. Collection continues through February 18.
- More information at https://twitter.com/ZionsvilleIN/status/1222559981062565894
- Monday, February 3: Zionsville Town Council meeting at 7:00pm at Town Hall.
- Tuesday, February 4: VRA meeting at 7:30pm at Brick Street Inn. Presentation from Paul Vezolles, owner of the Brick Street Inn and Auberge Restaurant on Main Street, regarding an expansion plan that will make it a better community asset for local residents and visitors as a place to eat, gather, stay, and celebrate various occasions.
- Wednesday, February 5: Toddler Trek with Zion Nature Center from 10:00-11:00am at Creekside Nature Park. Spending time outdoors has numerous benefits for a child’s physical and emotional well-being. Each month they will meet at different Zionsville parks to play, explore, and watch the seasons change. Toddler Trek is rain or shine (with the exception of severe weather). Dress for the weather and prepare to get moving! Ages: 5 years and under with an adult.
- Wednesday, February 5: Zionsville Board of Zoning Appeals meeting at 6:30pm at Town Hall.
- Friday, February 7: ”Art After 5″ from 5:00-8:00pm at Art IN Hand Gallery. Student art from Butler Lab School at IPS 55. Stop in for some light refreshments and to browse many fine art items from their group of talented artists.
- Saturday, February 8: Junior Naturalists from 10:00am-12:00pm at Zion Nature Center. Kids will work with Zion Nature Center staff to clean and feed the Nature Center’s turtles, snakes and other educational animals. Participation is limited to one date, and registration is required. Adults must stay during program. Ages: 6-12 years old with an adult.
As many of you probably know, the Lincoln Park Concert Series will be moving to Lions Park this year. Many Village residents were disappointed with the move so the VRA is exploring the possibility of starting another, smaller concert series in Lincoln Park. We recently learned that the Zionsville Cultural District intends to host concerts at the park in August, so we are aiming for one concert a month in both June and July. Earlier this week the VRA sent an e-mail to our members, with a link to a survey, to gauge the interest of the community. We will be looking at the survey results as of February 7th, so please fill yours out this week!
- Sen. J.D. Ford presents special resolution to ZFD (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=272
- Senate resolution honors Zionsville men (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/senate-resolution-honors-zionsville-men/article_5c86d3cf-3825-57e3-b07e-991f1dd5dcce.html
- A Glance at Mayor Styron’s 90-Day Goals (Zionsville Monthly Magazine): https://zionsvillemonthlymagazine.com/a-glance-at-mayor-styrons-90-day-goals/
- Azionaqua to Make a Big Splash Over 60th Anniversary (Zionsville Monthly Magazine): https://zionsvillemonthlymagazine.com/azionaqua-to-make-a-big-splash-over-60th-anniversary/
- Town of Zionsville announces the 2020 State of the Town (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=273