- Monday, February 10: Through the Lens: Lloyd Riley Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center. Exhibition runs through February 22.
- Monday, February 10: Reuse Heart & Sole Annual Shoe Collection at various locations throughout Boone County. All types of shoes in both reusable and unusable conditions will be collected. Collection continues through February 18.
- More information at https://twitter.com/ZionsvilleIN/status/1222559981062565894
- Monday, February 10: Reminder: Sycamore Street Bridge Closure.
- More information at https://twitter.com/ZionsvilleIN/status/1226146774018031616
- Tuesday, February 11: Tubs of Love Dog Wash to Support Humane Society for Boone County from 2:00-5:00pm at PetValu (53 Boone Village). Join Zionsville Chamber’s Executive Director, Allyson Gutwein, to wash your dog and help out the Humane Society.
- More information at https://us.petvalu.com/events-calendar/event/dog-wash-fundraiser-zionsville-in-boone-village-shopping-center/
- Wednesday, February 12: Zionsville Board of Parks and Recreation meeting at 7:00pm at Town Hall. (VRA note: The potential of a Lincoln Park concert series coordinated by the VRA is on the agenda.)
- Friday, February 14: Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Saturday, February 15: Junior Naturalists from 10:00am-12:00pm at Zion Nature Center. Kids will work with Zion Nature Center staff to clean and feed the Nature Center’s turtles, snakes and other educational animals. Participation is limited to one date, and registration is required. Adults must stay during program. Ages: 6-12 years old with an adult.
- Saturday, February 15: Great Backyard Bird Count from 10:00-11:00am at Zion Nature Center. Each year more than 200,000 people from around the world participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count. Join the Zion Nature Center as they record the number of bird species around the Nature Center and within the Zion Nature Sanctuary.
Upcoming VRA Events:
- Saturday, March 7: Save the date! We are working with the Zionsville Fire Department to set up a tour of the fire station for VRA members. We have the date confirmed but are still working with the ZFD in regards to timing and other details. There will be more information in future e-mails.
- A reminder to everyone to keep your house and car doors locked… One of our VRA families recently had two of their cars riffled through in the area of 3rd St. & Poplar. Luckily nothing valuable was taken but both cars were left unlocked overnight.
- 2020 project update from Street & Stormwater and Wastewater Departments
- (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=274
- Helping Down Under: The Salty Cowboy joins effort to save Australian wildlife
As always, please reach out to your neighbors and encourage them to join the VRA, as well as attend meetings and events. The strength of our organization is in our membership and the more active members we have, the stronger our voice is.