our weekly Zionsville Village update is below.
- Monday, February 17: Through the Lens: Lloyd Riley Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center. Exhibition runs through February 22.
- Monday, February 17: President’s Day – No school for ZCS; Town Hall is closed
- Monday, February 17: Reuse Heart & Sole Annual Shoe Collection at various locations throughout Boone County. All types of shoes in both reusable and unusable conditions will be collected. Collection continues through February 18.
- More information at https://twitter.com/ZionsvilleIN/status/1222559981062565894
- Tuesday, February 18: Teacher Day – No school for ZCS
- Tuesday, February 18: Zionsville Town Council meeting at 7:30am at Town Hall.
- Tuesday, February 18: Board of Police Commissioners/Zionsville Safety Board meeting at 8:00am at Town Hall. Zionsville Safety Board meeting has been cancelled.
- Tuesday, February 18: Zionsville Plan Commission meeting at 7:00pm at Town Hall.
- Wednesday, February 19: Knee-high Naturalists from 9:30-11:30am at Zion Nature Center. Knee-high Naturalists is a new, monthly series for the youngest nature enthusiasts. In this drop-off program, children will learn all about the wonders of nature with the Zion Nature Center Naturalists. Similar to their summer camps, activities will take place both inside and outside of the Zion Nature Center. This program will provide a hands-on, nature-based educational experience for your child. Ages: 3-5 years. Children must be fully potty trained.
- Fee: $10/child.
- More information and registration at http://www.zionsville-in.gov/Activities/Activity/Detail/KneeHigh-Naturalists-289
- Saturday, February 22: Legislative Breakfast – Third House Session from 7:30-9:00am at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library. All residents of Boone County are invited to meet local legislators and hear the latest from the Indiana State House. Event will take place in the Hussey/Hoffman rooms.
- Only the 5th Street library entrance will be accessible for this early morning event. No registration required and donuts and coffee will be served.
- Saturday, February 22: Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee public information meeting at 2:00pm at Town Hall (St. Vincent Community Room – 207). Attendees are invited to learn more about the Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee’s desire to implement a Historic Conservation District within the Village of Zionsville. All citizens are welcome to attend and participate.
- Saturday, February 22: Living Soil, Healthy Garden from 1:00-2:00pm at Zion Nature Center. Soil is so much more than dirt. Healthy soil is the foundation of every yard and garden. Your garden’s soil is a living ecosystem that needs to be protected and nourished. The program will get down and dirty on soil facts, soil testing and how to maintain and help the community within your soil thrive.
Upcoming VRA Events:
- Saturday, March 7: Save the date! We are working with the Zionsville Fire Department to set up a tour of the fire station for VRA members. We have the date confirmed but are still working with the ZFD in regards to timing and other details.
- There will be more information in future e-mails.
Village/Zionsville/Villagers in the News:
- Zionsville was a hotbed for the Suffragists movement
- (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/zionsville-was-a-hotbed-for-the-suffragists-movement/article_f154a442-15d5-55b4-a497-b3688aabdb05.html
- ZFD honors firefighters at annual banquet
- Closing time: Sycamore Street bridge shut down for repairs
As always, please reach out to your neighbors and encourage them to join the VRA, as well as attend meetings and events. The strength of our organization is in our membership and the more active members we have, the stronger our voice is.