- Wednesday, January 22: Knee-high Naturalists from 9:30-11:30am at Zion Nature Center. Knee-high Naturalists is a new, monthly series for the youngest nature enthusiasts! In this drop-off program, children will learn all about the wonders of nature with the Naturalists. Similar to the summer camps, activities will take place both inside and outside the Zion Nature Center. This program will provide a hands-on, nature-based educational experience for your child. Ages: 3-5 (Children must be fully potty-trained).
- Fee: $10. Registration at http://www.zionsville-in.gov/Activities/Activity/Detail/KneeHigh-Naturalists-289
- Thursday, January 23: Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee public meeting at 6:30pm at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library (Lora Hussey Room).
- Friday, January 24: Tim Cavanagh: Music and Comedy at 7:00pm at Zionsville Performing Arts Center (1000 Mulberry Street). Benefit for Zionsville High School Bands. The hilarious Tim Cavanagh, a regular on Bob & Tom who has also been featured on Comedy Central, Nashville Now, and Dr. Demento, brings an evening of music and comedy to the STAR Bank PAC at Zionsville Community High School. He will be joined by special surprise guests, including the ZCHS Jazz Band.
- More information and tickets at https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&w=fa300c33dd19ba14199363ec971d4f9c&vqitq=9ef7270d-5101-482d-a975-5d6018f7c309&vqitp=aa195dd9-9397-4373-a943-b09b299fa4d5&vqitts=1569108036&vqitc=vendini&vqite=itl&vqitrt=Safetynet&vqith=6937776f743cadb7cca0f0eb617437bb
Upcoming VRA Events:
- Tuesday, February 4: Presentation from Paul Vezolles, owner of the Brick Street Inn and Auberge Restaurant on Main Street, regarding an expansion plan that will make it a better community asset for local residents and visitors as a place to eat, gather, stay, and celebrate various occasions. They are striving to deliver high standards of design, comfort, and service while enhancing the charming character of the place and adhering to the town’s architectural guidance for the village business district. Meeting will be at the Brick Street Inn at 7:30pm.
The Zionsville Historic Preservation Committee will hold public meetings in the next two months to present the Conservation District Ordinance they are working to gain support for. One meeting is this week (Jan 23) and a future meeting date is as follows:
- Saturday, February 22: 2:00pm at Town Hall (2nd Floor)
- Sycamore Street bridge project to begin in February (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=270 Note: Timeline update from the contractor puts the closure date for the Sycamore Street bridge on or after 2/10/2020. See Town of Zionsville Twitter or Facebook page for more details: https://twitter.com/zionsvillein?lang=en
- Town Council and Mayor Styron announce 2020 board/commission/committee appointments (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=271
- What’s happening at the library? (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/what-s-happening-at-the-library/article_234cb7e4-3875-11ea-9820-a7555474ee77.html
- Growing up and out: Winery adds additional location (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/01/14/growing-up-and-out-winery-adds-additional-location/