- Monday, March 9: Youth Art Month activities and displays at various locations throughout Zionsville through April 4.
- More information at https://www.sullivanmunce.org/uploads/7/4/2/7/74271925/youth_art_month_2020.pdf
- Monday, March 9: ZCS School Board meeting at 6:00pm in the Educational Services Boardroom (900 Mulberry St).
- Wednesday, March 11: Zionsville Parks & Recreation Board meeting at 7:00pm at Town Hall.
- Thursday, March 12: Invasives and the Terrestrial Plant Rule from 7:00-8:00pm at Zion Nature Center. Invasive plant species impact Indiana in various ways, including loss of biodiversity, degradation of habitats, decreased agricultural yields and impacts on recreation and tourism. Beginning April 18, 2020, the Indiana Terrestrial Plant Rule will make it illegal to sell, gift, barter, exchange, distribute, transport, or introduce 44 invasive pest plant species within the state. Mary Welz, Regional Specialist with SICIM, will discuss what this means for our community and the future of invasive management within Boone County.
- Registration and more information at http://www.zionsville-in.gov/Activities/Activity/Detail/Invasives-and-the-Terrestrial-Plant-Rule-293
- Thursday, March 12: Middle School E-Day
- Saturday, March 14: VRA fire station visit from 1:00-2:00 at ZFD Fire Station 91 (100 N. Ford Road). The event will include a tour of the fire station, Q&A session, and important safety tips. It is recommended that visitors park across the street at Boone Village. The fire department would like to have a headcount for attendance, so if you plan to attend
- Please fill out the short survey at https://forms.gle/T1kuPxXvkDQJydSdA
- Saturday, March 14: Is that Snake Venomous? from 1:00-2:00pm at Zion Nature Center. Do you know how to identify venomous snakes? What venomous snakes live in Indiana? What is the difference between venomous and poisonous? Join in to learn the answers to these questions and more.
- Saturday, March 14: 2020 Fly Fishing Film Tour from 2:00-4:00pm at Town Hall (St. Vincent Community Room – 207). The Fly Fishing Film Tour is fly fishing’s most anticipated annual event. The original and largest tour of its kind, each show is a high-energy celebration. Tickets are $10 and will be available to purchase at the door by cash or credit card. All proceeds go to Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery.
- Saturday, March 14: VCA Eagle Park Animal Hospital Ribbon Cutting and Open House from 2:00-4:00pm at VCA Eagle Park Animal Hospital (1008 West Oak Street). Hospital tours, food & refreshments, education stations, visit with doctors and staff, and more.
Village/Zionsville/Villagers in the News:
- 2020 State of the Town (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=276
- Reminder of Zionsville dog leash laws (Zionsville website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=278
As always, please reach out to your neighbors and encourage them to join the VRA, as well as attend meetings and events. The strength of our organization is in our membership and the more active members we have, the stronger our voice is.