- Monday, March 23: Youth Art Month activities and displays at various locations throughout Zionsville through April 4. More information at https://www.sullivanmunce.org/uploads/7/4/2/7/74271925/youth_art_month_2020.pdf
- Please note that some facilities may be closed due to precautions for COVID-19.
- Monday, March 23 - Monday, April 6: Zionsville Town Hall and Town facilities will be closed in the interest of the safety of the community and the Town of Zionsville employees.
- No meetings will be held at Town facilities.
- More information at https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=281
- Monday, March 23 - Monday, May 1: Zionsville Community Schools will be closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes all activities, rentals, special events, performances, etc.
- ZCS will be closed to the community. With the exception of Spring Break (March 27-April 3), students will have eLearning days until at least May 1.
- Monday, March 23 - Tuesday, April 14: SullivanMunce Cultural Center will be closed to the public.
- Exceptions and notices at https://www.sullivanmunce.org/uploads/7/4/2/7/74271925/corona_virus_closing.pdf
Upcoming VRA Events:
Sunday, May 17: Last week we announced that the VRA will host a potluck at Elm Street Green on May 17 from 12:00-3:00pm. The event is still on the calendar but we are keeping an eye on the guidelines for gatherings as groups. If we are still able to have the potluck, it will be a great opportunity to enjoy the fresh air, see/meet your neighbors, and let the kids play. As with our Annual Picnic, all Village residents will be invited to the potluck. Fingers crossed that it will be safe to gather as a larger group at that point!
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Town Preparedness Update (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=281 This is a great resource for updates on events/gatherings/COVID-19 information in the area.
- Town of Zionsville announces temporary curbside parking spaces (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=283
- Community rallies to feed neighbors despite pandemic (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/community-rallies-to-feed-neighbors-despite-pandemic/article_5631b08e-95df-5935-b8bf-f136d1c86aa9.html
- Pandemic hits food service workers, restaurants hard (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/pandemic-hits-food-service-workers-restaurants-hard/article_09c32151-f29c-5f18-922b-e0398fb2f366.html
- Coronavirus testing begins at Witham (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/coronavirus-testing-begins-at-witham/article_a485fffd-cc37-5f81-bd5c-da8d7244d662.html
- All schools closed until May 1 (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/all-schools-closed-until-may/article_3a00f920-a418-5185-afd0-cfdf1a51aa13.html
- Zionsville creates temporary parking spaces (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/03/20/zionsville-creates-temporary-parking-spaces/
- Indiana primary election moved to June 2 (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/03/20/indiana-primary-election-moved-to-june-2/
- Zion Nature Center is closed until May 1 but they will continue to offer Facebook Live programs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for their community to enjoy (Zion Nature Center Facebook Page): https://www.facebook.com/zionnaturecenter