- Monday, May 4 - Tuesday, May 5: Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library will be closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19. However, starting May 6 the library will begin the process of reopening through the month of May. Please see their website for further information and exact dates: https://zionsvillelibrary.org/our-reopening-plan/
- Monday, May 4: ZCS buildings and facilities are closed for the rest of the school year to slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes all activities, rentals, special events, performances, etc. Students will follow eLearning guidelines for the rest of the year.
- Monday, May 4 until further notice: Zionsville Town Hall and Town facilities will be closed until further notice in the interest of the safety of the community and the Town of Zionsville employees. No meetings will be held at Town facilities.
- Monday, May 4: All in-person programs at the Zion Nature Center have been cancelled until June. However, they offer Facebook Live programs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/zionnaturecenter).
- Monday, May 4 - Sunday, May 31: SullivanMunce Cultural Center will be closed to the public due to the COVID-19 Virus.
- Monday, May 4: Heavy trash collection this week. More information at http://www.zionsville-in.gov/152/Heavy-Trash-Collection
- Monday, May 4: Zionsville Town Council meeting at 7:00pm via Zoom. Agenda: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_05042020-1081 The agenda currently only has the Zoom meeting information so check the agenda center beforehand (https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter) in case there are updates.
- Wednesday, May 6: Zionsville Board of Zoning Appeals meeting at 6:30pm via Zoom. Webinar information at https://www.zionsville-in.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1684 Agenda: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_05062020-1082 Since I know it is of interest to many VRA members, please note that the owners of 145 N. Main St. have withdrawn their request for approval of a lot coverage variance.
Sidewalk Poetry Contest – courtesy of the Zionsville Cultural District:
The Zionsville Cultural Board, in support of April’s poetry month, has decided to continue with conducting our annual sidewalk poetry contest targeted towards our youth. This is a free contest and open to all youth age 17 and under. Winners will be chosen over the summer and have their poems imprinted in a local sidewalk in our gorgeous town. Please consider asking a youth that you know to visit the below link and participate. This is a great way for youth to express their feelings, capture the moments during this unprecedented time in our community. It is free, six lines, and a way to document our history. Please visit https://www.zvillecd.org and click “enter contest”
Businesses open for carry-out and/or delivery:
- Several Village and area restaurants are open for carry-out and/or delivery.
- Information regarding the restaurants’ statuses can be found at https://www.zionsvillechamber.org/business-updates.html
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Town Preparedness Update (Zionsville Website): http://www.zionsville-in.gov/541/Coronavirus-Town-Preparedness-Update
- Recap: Live Session with Mayor Emily Styron and Town Council President Josh Garrett (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=296
- Looking forward: Restaurants await gradual reopening (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/04/28/looking-forward-restaurants-await-gradual-reopening/