- Monday, May 11 until further notice: Zionsville Town Hall and Town facilities will be closed until further notice in the interest of the safety of the community and the Town of Zionsville employees. No meetings will be held at Town facilities.
Monday, May 11 – May 31: SullivanMunce Cultural Center will be closed to the public due to the COVID-19 Virus.
- Monday, May 11 – May 31: SullivanMunce Cultural Center will be closed to the public due to the COVID-19 Virus.
- Monday, May 11: ZCS School Board meeting at 6:00pm in the Educational Services Center Boardroom (900 Mulberry St). The meeting will comply with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-26 regarding Board of Trustees members’ presence, social distancing, and the health and well-being of our community.
- Tuesday, May 12: Interactive live session with Mayor Styron and Town Council President Josh Garrett at 11:00am on the Town of Zionsville YouTube page. To communicate timely updates to residents and businesses and offer an opportunity for the community to ask questions, Mayor Styron and Zionsville Town Council President Josh Garrett are hosting interactive live sessions. Sessions will take place Tuesdays at 11:00am on a bi-weekly basis. Join the live session on the Town of Zionsville YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/user/TownOfZionsville).
- Wednesday, May 13: Zionsville Parks & Recreation Board meeting at 7:00pm via Zoom. More information at https://www.zionsville-in.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1588 Agenda: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_05132020-1085
- Saturday, May 16: Bloodmobile at Zionsville American Legion Post 79 from 8:00am-12:00pm. Sign up for a spot at https://donate.indiana.versiti.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/140465
Town Social Media Websites:
The Town of Zionsville has several social media websites that they keep updated with current information. Amanda Vela, the Town’s Director of Communications & Community Relations, provided the list below. They are a good way to keep up with the latest Zionsville news and events.
- Facebook – Town: https://www.facebook.com/ZionsvilleIN/
- Facebook – ZPD: https://www.facebook.com/ZionsvillePD/
- Facebook – ZFD: https://www.facebook.com/zionsvillefiredepartment/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZionsvilleIN
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TownOfZionsville
- NextDoor: https://nextdoor.com/agency-detail/in/zionsville/town-of-zionsville/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zionsvillein/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/town-of-zionsville
Sidewalk Poetry Contest – courtesy of the Zionsville Cultural District:
The Zionsville Cultural Board, in support of April’s poetry month, has decided to continue with conducting our annual sidewalk poetry contest targeted towards our youth. This is a free contest and open to all youth age 17 and under. Winners will be chosen over the summer and have their poems imprinted in a local sidewalk in our gorgeous town. Please consider asking a youth that you know to visit the below link and participate. This is a great way for youth to express their feelings, capture the moments during this unprecedented time in our community. It is free, six lines, and a way to document our history. Please visit https://www.zvillecd.org and click “enter contest”.
Businesses open for carry-out and/or delivery:
Several Village and area restaurants are open for carry-out and/or delivery. Information regarding the restaurants’ statuses can be found at https://www.zionsvillechamber.org/business-updates.html
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Town Preparedness Update (Zionsville Website): http://www.zionsville-in.gov/541/Coronavirus-Town-Preparedness-Update
- Boone County May 2020 Primary Election Guide (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/05/05/boone-county-may-2020-primary-election-guide/
- May 2020 Primary polling places for Boone County residents (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2020/05/05/may-2020-primary-polling-places-for-boone-county-residents/
- Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library reopening schedule (Library Website): https://zionsvillelibrary.org/our-reopening-plan/
- Curbside Holds Pickup! (Library Website): https://zionsvillelibrary.org/curbside-holds-pickup/