Monday, November 25: Through the Lens: Lloyd Riley exhibit at the SullivanMunce Cultural Center. Exhibit runs through February 22, 2020.
Monday, November 25: The Art of Dr. Seuss exhibit at CV Art and Frame (110 South Main Street). Exhibit runs through December 8.
Monday, November 25: Zionsville Redevelopment Commission meeting at 6:30pm at Town Hall. This meeting has been cancelled.
Tuesday, November 26: Zionsville Architectural Review Committee meeting at 7:30am at Town Hall (RL Turner Conference Room – 205).
Tuesday, November 26: Special Meeting of the Zionsville Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30pm at Town Hall.
Thursday, November 28: Happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 28: Z Gravy Chase at 8:30am on Main Street (Rosie’s Place at 10 S. Main Street).
Third annual Z Gravy Chase! The Z Gravy Chase offers both a 2 Mile Run/Walk and a 4.4 Mile Run/Walk. 100% of the proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Zionsville. Registration and more information at https://racemaker.org/event/z-gravy-chase-2/
Family in town for the holiday weekend, and looking for something to do? Need a break from all the holiday sales and shopping? Stop in to the Zion Nature Center for a chance to relax, explore and discover. There will be opportunities to meet some of the nature center animals, a holiday craft and refreshments.
The book covers 2000 years of the history of Christmas through Faith, Fable and Festivity. The book is highly interactive being full of recipes, readings, discussion questions and activities for celebrating Christmas. More information at https://blackdogbooksin.com/event/
Saturday, November 30: Amy Lacy’s reading of Where is Christmas? at 4:00pm at Black Dog Books (115 S. Main Street).
Local author Amy Lacy will read her story Where is Christmas, which tells the story of how Christmas begins in Zionsville. Her book is also a coloring book. More information at https://blackdogbooksin.com/event/
This family friendly parade begins at 5:00pm featuring the Zionsville Marching Band, reindeer, and Santa. This years parade theme is Jingle Bells! Parade begins at Eagle Elementary and ends at Old National Bank at approximately 5:30pm. Santa will then light the tree for the Christmas season on the corner of Pine and Main Streets. Stay on Main Street for horse-drawn wagon rides, live entertainers on stage, S’mores, photos with Santa. Get your Christmas shopping started on the right foot by visiting our wonderful Zionsville merchants. More information at https://www.zionsvillechamber.org/christmas-in-the-village.html
Sunday, December 1: Winter Reading Program starts at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library. Program is open to all ages. It runs through January 31, 2020.
Sunday, December 1: Christmas in the Village from 11:00am-3:00pm. Santa in residence at the Santa House at the corner of Main and Cedar Street.
Horse-drawn rides throughout the Village. Board the wagon at Robert Goodman Jewelers (106 N. Main Street).
Sunday, December 1: Christmas Open House from 1:00-5:00pm at Maplelawn Farmstead (9575 Whitestown Road).
Entertainment at 1:30pm and at 3:00pm by the Zionsville Lions Carolers. Bring your camera for a Christmas card picture taken with their 1947 Dodge truck. Holiday refreshments will be served. Enjoy an old fashioned holiday on a Depression Era Farmstead. More information at https://zionsvilleincoc.wliinc32.com/events/ChristmasOpen%20House%20at%20Maplelawn%20Farmstead-1114/details
Zionsville Board and Commission Positions:
If you are interested in a board or commission position with the Town send a message to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with contact information.
Village/Zionsville/Villagers in the News:
- Scout troops kick off annual holiday fundraisers (Times Sentinel): https://www.timessentinel.com/news/local_news/scout-troops-kick-off-annual-holiday-fundraisers/article_a0aa3d9f-3b3e-51a3-80cf-53a48617fe5f.html
- A vibrant Village: Small business owners encourage locals to shop during Small Business Saturday (Current): http://youarecurrent.com/2019/11/19/a-vibrant-village-small-business-owners-encourage-locals-to-shop-during-small-business-saturday/
- Mayor-Elect Emily Styron: On Her Journey to Winning the Zionsville Mayor’s Office (Zionsville Monthly): https://zionsvillemonthlymagazine.com/emily-styron-zionsville-mayor-elect-democrat/
Upcoming VRA Events:
· Progressive Dinner: This year’s Progressive Dinner will be held on Saturday, December 7.
· Holiday House Decorating Contest: If you love to decorate for the holidays, this is the event for you! The contest is open to all residences and businesses in the Village. Flyers have been distributed to each house and business. It can also be found on our VRA website: http://www.zvra.com/announcements/2019sixthannualzvraholidaydecoratingcontest The entry application is attached to it. Also included on the flyer are the judging criteria and instructions on how to submit your application. The committee will only judge houses and businesses that have submitted an application. Seven awards will be given out, which are described in more detail on the flyer. Entries must be received no later than December 3rd and will be judged on December 4th. Winners will be announced on December 6th.