- Monday, September 7 until further notice: Zionsville Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Town Staff are rotating working on-site at Town Hall. Town Hall meeting rooms (including the St. Vincent Community Room) are closed to all public meetings.
- Monday, September 7: Lines and Layers: Charm Club Quilts Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center. Exhibition has been extended through November 6.
- Tuesday, September 8: Interactive Live Session with Mayor Styron and Town Council President Josh Garrett at 11:00am.
- Join the live session on the Town of Zionsville YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/user/TownOfZionsville). Questions can be submitted in advance by emailing email@example.com. Questions can also be submitted during the live session in the comment section of Youtube.
- Tuesday, September 8: Zionsville Town Council meeting at 7:00pm via Zoom.
- Zoom information: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=1544
- Agenda: https://www.zionsville-in.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_09082020-1135?html=true
- Wednesday, September 9: Zionsville Parks and Recreation Meeting at 7:00pm via Zoom.
- Thursday, September 10: Tails on the Trails 2020 Group Walk at 6:00pm at Turkey Foot Park (4795 Turkeyfoot Avenue). Dog walkers can walk on their own or participate in weekly scheduled dog walks throughout Zionsville’s parks and trails. This year all group walks require registration and are limited to 15 people.
- Registration and more information at http://www.zionsville-in.gov/452/Tails-on-the-Trails
- Saturday, September 12: Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8:00-11:00am at Zionsville Town Hall parking lot (1100 W. Oak St.). 8:00-9:00am is open for high risk individuals only. 9:00-11:00am is open to everyone.
- More details at http://zionsvillefarmersmarket.org
- Saturday, September 12: Free Community Yoga courtesy of Blooming Life Yoga from 9:00-10:00am at Lions Park. All ages and levels welcome! Please bring your water bottle, yoga mat and sunscreen.
- More information at https://www.bloominglifeyoga.com/yoga-in-the-park
The Zionsville Cultural District announces its second annual Dahlia Exhibition, to be held from 9AM to Noon on Saturday, September 19th, at PALETTE: Community Art Center, 295 S. Main St., Zionsville. All gardeners are invited to bring along their prized Dahlia blooms to be displayed with dozens of others. Thanks to a grant from the Zionsville Village Garden Club and the generosity of Dahlia expert, Alan Strader, over 100 tubers and plants were distributed for free to those wishing to give Dahlia growing a try.
The exhibition is part of the organization’s Dahlia City Initiative which aims to bring to light the town’s former history as “Dahlia City”, when two nurseries in the village produced Dahlia tubers mailed to gardeners around the country. Dahlias were in fashion during the 1920’s to 1940’s, with many local residents filling their yards with these showy blooms. The Zionsville Cultural District aims to encourage gardeners to grow dahlias as a way to beautify neighborhoods and highlight a significant segment of the town’s history.
All are welcome to participate. Educational information will be available on growing and overwintering Dahlias. Everyone is urged to bring a bud vase or bottle in which to display their blooms, and to wear masks.
For more information, please contact Mark Zelonis at (317) 258-2071, or visit the ZCD website atwww.zvillecd.org .
VRA Gateway Development Project Survey:
Last call for the VRA Gateway Development Project survey. Please fill yours out if you haven’t already. We will be compiling the results this week.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Town Preparedness Update (Zionsville Website): http://www.zionsville-in.gov/541/Coronavirus-Town-Preparedness-Update
- Message from Mayor Emily Styron (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=338
- Let’s talk about it: Mayor Emily Styron launches Creekside Chats (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=339
- Zionsville Fire Department wears red to support troops (Zionsville Website): https://www.zionsville-in.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=340
- Weather, pandemic cause Sycamore Street bridge delay (Current): https://www.youarecurrent.com/2020/08/31/weather-pandemic-cause-sycamore-street-bridge-delay/
- Sycamore Street bridge opens Sept. 17 (The Lebanon Reporter): https://www.reporter.net/news/sycamore-street-bridge-opens-sept-17/article_3d24c99a-eedc-11ea-b87c-93a55a9ee393.html
- Beat the rush, vote early (The Lebanon Reporter): https://www.reporter.net/news/local_news/beat-the-rush-vote-early/article_a229d698-ed59-11ea-8c6b-7fa9c7f4c66b.html
- Curbside trash and recycling service will operate on a slide schedule this week due to Labor Day (Town of Zionsville Facebook page): https://www.facebook.com/ZionsvilleIN/photos/a.167483256603149/4540435735974524/?type=3&theater