- December 5 (Sat) Progressive Dinner (Sold Out!)
- December 8 (Tues) VRA meeting at SullivanMunce
- December 5 6 Christmas in the Village events
- December 17 (Thurs) Christmas in the Village Christmas Crawl
- December 31(Thurs) Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Here are a few things to take note of as we finish out the year…
Progressive Dinner: 6pm on Saturday, December 5
I know the event sold out quickly. This year we will begin on Ash Street for appetizers, pop over to Poplar Street for dinner, and then it’s back to Ash Street for dessert. For those lucky enough to be confirmed as attending, look for an announcement letter this week with specific location details. Email KathyisL84AD8@aol.com with questions or concerns.
Special VRA Meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday, December 8 at SullivanMunce
Gavin Merriman (Zionsville’s Storm Water Program Manager) will present on drainage challenges in the Village and the planned Fourth St. storm sewer improvements.
(2) Potential light at Oak and first, and (3) crosswalks
Lance Lantz (Zionsville’s Street and Storm Water Department Supervisor) will attend to field questions on the signalization of the intersection of Oak and 1st St. as well as a general discussion on crosswalks.
Josh Garrett (our newly elected Town Council Rep), is planning to sit in (kid’s sporting event schedule permitting).
Elizabeth Hopper (Town Council Rep) has been invited but I have not heard back from her yet.
Christmas Trees for the Village
I want to thank Jane Forbes, Erika Singler and all those who helped deliver trees. They were able to sell over 70 trees, a new record!
Shopping in the Village
Remember that many of your neighbors and fellow VRA members own businesses in the Village that sell unique and special items that you just can’t get at the mall, so please take some time to “keep it local” and shop here in Zionsville for gifts!
The 2016 VRA Board consists of: President Todd Rech; Vice President Sara Martini; Secretary Gary Angstadt; and Treasurer Erika Singler. Please thank them for donating their time and efforts!
Thank you for allowing me to serve the last few years as President and thanks to Joe Singler, Sally Zelonis and Todd Rech for doing so much over the last 2 years on the board. It has been a great experience and I look forward to assisting in the future.
Finally, please make sure you keep your sidewalks shoveled.
Art IN Hand Gallery Showcases Zionsville School’s Student Artwork in December
Art In Hand will be sponsoring The Dickens Carolers. Enjoy the sounds of the season during Christmas in the Village, Saturday, December 5th from 4-8pm.
SullivanMunce For the Holidays
Warm up at the SullivanMunce on December 5th with SMCC Guild bake sale and chili bowl sale. While you’re enjoying the tasty treats, see the new First Come, First Hung exhibit and shop local for one of a kind gifts at the gift shop.
Christmas in the Village
Christmas in the Village is a charming Zionsville December tradition with free horse drawn carriage and barrel train rides, merchant events, and visits with Santa in the Santa House at Main and Cedar Street. Find just the right gift by shopping local!
- Gingerbread House Decorating family event at the Brick Street Inn Saturday from 2pm-4pm
- Zionsville High School Show Choirs Carol of Homes Holiday Homes Tour Saturday from 10am-4pm. Tickets are available at Akards True Value Hardware or visit www.zchoirs.com for more information.
- Holiday concerts and shopping at the Hussey Mayfield Memorial Public Library Saturday from 2pm-4pm.
- Christmas crafts at The Scoop Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-4pm
- Local author reads “Where is Christmas” at Black Dog Books on Sunday at 2pm