Zionsville Village Residents’ Association
2021 Eighth Annual Holiday Decorating Contest Rules and Information
1. Entries must be received by NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 9. Winners will be announced on DECEMBER 13. There will be a VRA Village Tour of the Entries and “Neighbor’s Choice” voting from Friday, December 10 until Sunday, December 12 at 10 PM. Winners will be announced on DECEMBER 13. VRA judging will take place on Saturday, December 11.
2. ALL Zionsville private residencies or businesses within the Village can apply to participate. This includes homes and businesses on or west of Elm Street, on or north of Starkey Rd, on or south of Willow Street, and on or east of the Zionsville Rail Trail.
3. SEVERAL AWARDS will be distributed: FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD PRIZE to be awarded for best business decorations (all property) and a FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD PRIZE to be awarded for best residential (all property). GRAND PRIZE WINNERS will be selected from all combined entries. Additionally, FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD PRIZE will be awarded for Neighbor’s Choice.
4. Entries will be judged on originality: unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; arrangement: display and placement of decorations; and overall presentation. Decorations for the holiday season can be homemade or store bought, with emphasis on buying local and recycling. Want to decorate with a theme—tell us what your theme is—choose your own! Our judges love to hear what inspires your creativity.
5. Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail or in person to 285 W Hawthorne St., Zionsville, IN 46077.
To enter, please complete the application and submit by December 9, 2020.
Entering as: □ business □ residential
Name: __________________________ Business: _____________________________